Clubhouse Guidelines ... maximum capacity 110
- River Forest Community Association (RIFCA) facilities, clubhouse and adjoining grounds are for the use and enjoyment of all members and their sponsored guests.
- Any visitor or tradesperson who enters the clubhouse must be accompanied by a Current RIFCA member. NOTE: The clubhouse is a non-smoking facility.
- The clubhouse front entry door combination will be changed annually by the Secretary and issued to officers and directors of the Board for dissemination to members as needed.
- All animals except service animals are prohibited from the clubhouse and guest rooms in accord with Lee County ordinance.
- In accord with Article IV of the RIFCA Charter that states: “The Association shall be organized not for profit, and no part of the net earning, income or assets shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual,” no fund-raising activities are allowed except those which benefit RIFCA as a community club.
- The clubhouse shall not be used for purposes of political electioneering or solicitation. Political representatives who are not campaigning for office may be permitted to speak on subjects of general interest to the community.
- Any member may with signing a clubhouse agreement with the clubhouse coordinator, sponsor a private event to be held at the clubhouse. The sponsor shall be wholly responsible for liability security, utilization and clean-up.
- New residents of River Forest are to be greeted by a Board member as soon as possible after residency and invited to become RIFCA members. A courtesy dinner invitation will be offered to new residents and new residents may attend clubhouse functions as the guest of a member for a period not to exceed two months while they are considering membership.
- Recommendations for improvement of facilities, suggestions for changes in the clubhouse, or complaints may be presented in writing to any member of the Board of Directors for consideration.
- A First aid kit is located in the kitchen for minor injuries. Fire extinguishers are located in the clubhouse main room, kitchen, patio & in each guest room. The clubhouse main room has 3 clearly emergency exits. In case of emergencies, 911 can be called from the phone located just inside the clubhouse entrance. Clubhouse telephone number is 694-6274, and club address is 13506 Island Road, Fort Myers, FL 33905.
- Prior to scheduling individual member private use events, members must obtain the appropriate Agreement Form from the Clubhouse Coordinator, complete and sign the agreement abiding by the following guidelines:
- Members may not serve as sponsors for activities hosted by non-members, without the sponsoring member being on site at all times.
- The private event cannot conflict with a scheduled community event. Community events take precedence.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsors of events or activities to leave the clubhouse in approved good condition by completing the following:
ii. Clean kitchen counters, stoves, utensils & cooking equipment
iii. Remove leftover food & perishables
iv. Bag & tie garbage & trash & place in covered outdoor containers
v. Place garbage & trash containers at the curb in front of the clubhouse on Thursday night for Friday trash collection day,
& return empty containers to clubhouse following trash pickup
vi. Turn off all lights, stoves & air conditioners
vii. Close all windows & lock all entrances
A Cleaning Check List is located in the front entry of the clubhouse.
12. Upon completion of a signed agreement, the following donation will be requested:
- $100.00 per day of actual use. Setup a day before or cleanup the day after is not considered actual use. The barbeque pit is not to be used.
- $200.00 security deposit in advance of the event. This deposit will be held by the Clubhouse Coordinator and returned after the event upon a walkthrough together with the member, & Clubhouse Coordinator. The facility must be deemed clean with no damage. If conditions are found to be unsatisfactory, the deposit will be forfeited and used for cleaning &/or repairs.
- If a non-member requests to use the clubhouse he must first become a member. This requires completion of the application for membership along with the full $260.00 membership fee. This is to be submitted to the Board for approval prior to completion of the clubhouse use Agreement. There is no prorated discount for new members when requesting the use of the clubhouse.